Two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis federated database for analysis of silkworm protein.
[Facts and statistics]
There are some 2D databases about silkworm protein:
You can perform simple search queries:
You can also perform much more complex queries using the 'combined fields' link.
This option lets you construct your own query by combining various keywords and boolean operators (SRS-like interface).
You can choose the output fields to show and decide to save results as a text file on your own computer.
- by accession number: search KAIKO 2DDB by accession number or by entry name (AC or ID)
- by description, ID or gene name: search by description (DE), entry name (ID), gene name (GN) or UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot keywords (KW)
- by author: search authors list by giving an AC or an ID, or list all entries for a given author
- by spot id / serial number: search by spot ID / serial numbers
- by identification methods: search by identification methods
- by pI/Mw range: search for spots located within a pI/Mw range. You can limit your search to a specific map
Several actions can be performed for the maps:
- 'experimental info' allows you to display experimental information
for a given map.
- 'protein list' allows you to list in a table all the protein entries identified for a given reference map, with related
2-DE information on spot ID, experimental pI and Mw (read from map), mapping procedures, references, etc..
You can export the table in text format to your computer.
- 'graphical viewer' is the viewer for the maps. This viewer lets you navigate graphically and zoom between the different maps. You can display all spots or just show those of particular interest.
By dragging your mouse over the different spots, available experimental information will be dynamically displayed.